Hau called me out on my negativity. It's true. I don't think I am able to change on my own. While i'm waiting to start I'll continue to feel like a failure. I'm frustrated that I can't just start the Optifast program right now. I make snap decisions (shout out to my Dad) but then I have this increadibly stubborn streak and i'll stick to my decision, even if it was a bad one. I don't think this is a bad idea. I went home on saturday and talked to my parents about my weight loss ( I may dream of cheerleading for others, but my parents are my cheerleaders). My Mom told me a few stories from young Carlee's life about my stubborn streak. I found them funny, Mom less so. I know i'll be able to stick to this program once I start. I have no doubts about that. Do I think it will be hard? Yes. Am I willing to put in the work? Yes.
Why I need help:
I need to learn accountability to myself over my emotions and eating behaviors. I believe that removing the food aspect will allow me to conquor emotional eating behavior through counseling and group meetings. I need the weekly weigh ins for the accountability (accountability is a big theme in my life).
I changed my shift for Monday just so I could call and schedule my appointment with the doctor in the morning. One step closer tomorrow.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"It's true. I don't think I am able to change on my own. While i'm waiting to start I'll continue to feel like a failure."
It doesn't matter that you can change on your own. It matters that you desire to make a change and have a strong support structure. I think your are supper badass no matter how you may feel right now. You are smart. You're funny and you are truly head strong. This twelve weeks will be hell, but I know you can make it.
Post a Comment