After one month of fasting: I have lost inches (don't know how many as I was too afraid to take my measurements at the beginning), I have lost 8.7% of my total body weight, and my BMI is now below 40 (it's 39.63 as of Tuesday). 40 is the cut off between morbid obesity and plain old obesity. All super results for just 28 days. Plus I'm 1/3 of the way through the fast. Only 8 more weeks....then the hard part begins, maintenance.
These last few days have been easier (despite my taco thoughts). I've been able to watch TV without watching the clock counting down minute by minute till my next shake. I've actually had a few episodes where for a few hours I actually don't think about food. In no way is this fast 'old hat', but I do think my behavior is changing for the better and I think I'm getting better. I'm still terrified of maintenance and my ability to manage my eating for the next 39 years. I have taken some steps already to help me with maintenance. I ordered a calorie counter book, a kitchen scale and a bathroom scale with the bio impedance for fat percentage. Some tools to help me measure my progress and keep up with maintenance.
I know I've done such good work, but I'm about to have a taco meltdown. I haven't gone this long without a taco in years. All I can think about are tacos. I even think about blending tacos to put in my shakes. Taco Deli, Taco Bueno, Polvos, Taco Bell, Taco Cabanna, Torchy's Tacos, Taco stands, Maria's Taco Xpress, Guero's Taco Bar, BBQ tacos, Changos, Chipotle, Wahoo fish tacos, taco sauce, taco seasoning, taco meat, breakfast taco, dessert taco, tacos, tacos, tacos, tacos...they are everywhere but with me. It's so sad. I'm not going to cheat. I just want a taco. It's just cruel.
I haven't worked out in like 4 days, and I probably won't exercise until Saturday. Too much studying. I've already gotten one A...now I just need a few more, then back to the treadmill.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment